What apprenticeships can I apply for?
- A two year, Level 6 Higher Certificate in Science as a Laboratory Technician.
- A three year, Level 7 Ordinary Bachelor of Science as a Laboratory Analyst.
If I successfully complete the two year Level 6 Higher Certificate apprenticeship programme can I progress to the Level 7 Laboratory Analyst apprenticeship?
- Yes, as years 1 and 2 are the same in both programmes.
- On succesful completion of the 2 year level 6 programme the apprentice can progress to the Level 7 award by completing one more year once supported by their employer.
If I enrol on the 3 year Level 7 Laboratory Analyst programme but wishe to leave after 2 years, will I still recieve the Level 6 Higher Certificate?
- A Level 6, Laboratory technician exit award is possible after succesful completion of year 2 of the 3 year programme.
- Further advice can be sought from the SOLAS authorised officers in your local Education and Training Board as it is important the SOLAS register reflects the status of the apprentice and the programme they have completed.
Is there an entry exam option if I don't meet the outlined entry requirements and am under the age of 23?
No, there are no entry exams available. Potential apprentices must meet the minimum entry requirements.