What salary will the apprentice recieve for the duration of the apprenticeship?
- The rate of pay is agreed between the employer and the apprentice,
- The laboratory apprenticeship consortium has agreed a salary band for apprentice payment which we are more than happy to discuss with companies directly.
Do employers use their standard recruitment process to find suitable apprentices?
Yes, employers use thier standard recruitment proceses.
How does an employer get approved to train apprentices?
- For an employer to get approved to train apprentices in a particular occupation, s/he must demonstrate that they have the capacity and the ability to provide quality, relevant on-the-job training to apprentices as per the requirements of the national apprenticeship programme and the statutory apprenticeship system overall.
- An Authorised Officer (AO) from your local Education and Training Board carries out a site visit to the employer's premises and the employer is formally assessed. The AO makes a recommendation to SOLAS on the employer's suitability to deliver the programme. If the employer is not initially approved, the AO will work with the employer to identify what requirements remain to be met and the employer can be re-assessed
How much will it cost my company?
- The company pays the apprentice salary for both on and off the job phases which is set by individual company,
- The government pays for college training,
- An annual apprentice registration fee of €1,500 applies.