Manufacturing Engineering Apprenticeship
70% of the time will be spent on the job and the remaining 30% in an allocated Institute of Technology (15 weeks/yr)

Manufacturing Engineer Level 7 programme

3 Year programme - Manufacturing Engineer Level 7 programme:
Job profile: A manufacturing engineer will be required to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimise existing processes, implement new processes and to ensure that production goals are met.

Academic block release: 15 weeks per year.

2022 intakes: Apprenticeship contracts start in July/August 2021 for Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology, Munster Technological University, Limerick Institute of Technology & Institute of Technology Sligo.

Manufacturing Engineer Subjects

Year 1

Engineering Mathematics
Manufacturing Engineering
Computer Aided Design
Learning Innovation Skills
Electrical Science
Engineering Science
Industry Module 1

Year 2

Engineering Mathematics
Manufacturing Design of Fixtures
Maintenance & Safety
Manufacturing Automation
Manufacturing Engineering
Lean Manufacturing
Industry Module 2

Year 3

Instrumentation and Control
Manufacturing Process Planning
Advanced Manufacturing Processes
Polymer Processing
Engineering Software Systems
Six Sigma Green Belt
Operations Management
Project Management
Industry Module 3